Salisbury Public School
Salisbury Public School was the first public school to serve the district.
Located on the corner of Mary Street and Wiltshire Street, the first building was completed and opened in 1877 and consisted of two rooms, designed to accommodate 120 students. A third room was later added to the southern side of the building in 1879, increasing its capacity to accommodate 200 pupils. It was renamed the Salisbury Primary School in 1943, and the prefabricated buildings from the Salisbury Extension School were added to the site in 1948. A new Primary School was constructed at 10 Compunda Street in Salisbury and the old school was closed. The original building now houses the Education Department's Salisbury Branch of Technical And Further Education (TAFE).