Salisbury Police Station
After petitioning by John Harvey, a request for a permanent police presence in Salisbury was granted. The original Salisbury Police Station was constructed in 1859 on 3 Ann Street in Salisbury and consisted of the station, courthouse and attached dwelling with cells, stabling and a well at the rear. The architect was E. A. Hamilton and the cost to build the station was 730 pounds.
In the early 1990's a new Salisbury Police Station was constructed on 24 Mary Street. The old Heritage Listed building was reopened as the Salisbury Cultural Centre, providing a meeting and display area for local groups. The Salisbury and District Historical Society has its permanent Folk Museum in several rooms of the centre.