Governor MacDonnell Hotel
The Governor MacDonnell Hotel was built on the railway end on the south side of John Street, Salisbury. Joseph Broadstock had the hotel built as a two storey landmark. The railway made it to Salisbury in December 1856 and the Governor MacDonnell opened less than a year later in 1857 adjacent to the ticket office. Joseph named it after the then SA Governor. Never one to miss an opportunity, Joseph arranged to have the first meeting of the newly formed Yatala North Council, held in the hotel. The Loyal Wellington Lodge also had a room in the hotel which they used for their meetings. The Governor MacDonnell Hotel was demolished in the late 1990s.