Come to UniSA's Adelaide Planetarium at Mawson Lakes and learn all about the constellations, stars and planets from the comfort of your own armchair.
- Opening Hours
Learn about the constellations, stars and planets in a unique setting.
Come to UniSA's Adelaide Planetarium at Mawson Lakes and learn all about the constellations, stars and planets from the comfort of your own armchair. Located just 16km from the Adelaide CBD, the Adelaide Planetarium features a unique domed ceiling that is illuminated by a Zeiss Jena ZPK1 star projector with an artificial night sky. School groups, families and astronomy buffs are all well catered for here, with a range of activities including the Night Sky Journey, a mix of movies, short courses, events and school holiday programs. The dome seats 45 people in airconditioned comfort with specially designed chairs.
- Marvel at projections of the sun, moon, planets and around 5,000 stars
- Journey into outer space with a highly qualified guide
- Find out more about the solar system, stars and constellations
- Discover indigenous and traditional star lore and mythology
- Watch a variety of movies paired with the Night Sky experience
- Attend a short course in astronomy ranging from beginner to advanced
- Special events, group bookings and holiday programs
Visit the Adelaide Planetarium website for more information.